Mobile Heartbeat - Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Code: 26839-13582
For us, at Mobile Heartbeat™, improving the way clinical professionals communicate and collaborate is a calling. We’re seeking talented, creative professionals who feel the same way.
Here you’ll be part of a team that’s passionate about building great solutions that empower our customers to do great things. You’ll work in an environment that’s energized by new ideas and fresh thinking. And we have fun doing it.
At Mobile Heartbeat, you’ll be working with cutting edge technologies and having a direct impact on healthcare delivery in hospitals across the United States. Our products are used by nurses, doctors and other care providers across a range of hospitals, providing secure clinical communication, access to patient data and care teams as well as delivery of alerts and alarms.
We are seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer for a full time role to improve Mobile Heartbeat’s clinical communication platform, which is currently used by over 100,000 clinicians every month. The UX Designer is responsible for Mobile Heartbeat’s existing communication platform (call, text, video chat, etc.), marketing collateral, and prototyping new product opportunities. Through collaboration with clinical staff, internal stakeholders, and other healthcare experts, the ideal candidate has a passion for improving collaborative care in leading hospitals across the country.
- The UX Designer will assist in developing UX guidelines and standards for use across new and existing products and marketing collateral in order to meet the strategic goals of the organization
- Execute projects from concept to completion in a fast-paced, iterative, product environment
- Gather input/requirements from multiple stakeholders and turn those into multiple compelling design paths, then iterate through with the extended team to find the best direction
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external SMEs, translating complex business requirements into simple, intuitive, and appropriate experiences
- Develop and/or participate in the development of user personas and scenarios
- Facilitate design reviews with technology teams, internal business customers, and program stakeholders
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development teams to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation
Required skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as Human Factors, Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or HCI
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Rapid prototyping and experience with tools such as Sketch 3, Zeplin, Invision, and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Practical experience employing user-centered design methods
- Understanding of the Agile development methodology and tools such as Jira
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors and translate them into deliverable tasks
- Ability to simultaneously work on several projects that may vary greatly in scope
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; equally at ease speaking with development teams, clinicians, or executives when articulating and advocating design concepts and rationale
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience working with clinical teams in a hospital environment preferred
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
Last Edited: 11/30/2018