Technical Services Manager
Mobile Heartbeat - Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Code: 26839-13856
For us, at Mobile Heartbeat™ improving the way clinical professionals communicate and collaborate is a calling. We are seeking talented, creative professionals who feel the same way.
Here you’ll be part of a team that’s passionate about building great solutions that empower our customers to do great things. You’ll work in an environment that’s energized by new ideas and fresh thinking. And we have fun doing it.
At Mobile Heartbeat, you will be working with cutting edge technologies and having a direct impact on healthcare delivery in hospitals across the United States. Our MH-CURE product is used by nurses, doctors, and other care providers across a range of hospitals, providing secure clinical communication, access to patient data and care teams as well as delivery of alerts and alarms.
In this role, the Technical Services Manager oversees the technical delivery of our product to customers, providing thought leadership, support, planning and optimization for the Mobile Heartbeat platform and products. The Technical Services Manager leads and co-ordinates the Technical Services team and works closely with other teams within the company to deliver success. A combination of leadership skills, technical aptitude, analytical skills, problem solving, excellent communication skills and drive to help the customer are critical to success in this role.
The Technical Services Manager reports to the VP of Technical Solutions & Support.
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate the activities of the Technical Services team
- Lead all work at our customer accounts on all technical matters including system architecture design, installs, updates, maintenance, configuration and optimization
- Lead all work on our hosted cloud offering, including architecture design, planning, maintenance, functionality, troubleshooting and automation activities
- Be directly involved with customer activities, actively engaging with technical activities and responding to customers – be a “player coach”
- Work closely with other internal teams, particularly the project management, internal IT, documentation, support and clinical teams to ensure that customer expectations are met and exceeded
- Evaluate the performance of the technical services function - creating, implementing and transparently reporting on metrics. Derive insights from the metrics and use this to drive change within the team
- Ensure that all customer activities are properly documented and recorded
- Oversee compliance with relevant HIPAA and other healthcare privacy laws throughout the team
- Become a product expert, understanding the interrelationships of MH-CURE software, device operating software, the environment in which the product operates, and the workflows desired by the customer
- Lead internal process improvement, identifying and implementing more efficient ways of working
- Create appropriate tools, scripts and/or programs to support and realize these objectives
- Ensure that internal and customer change control processes are followed diligently.
- Work directly on customer issues, applying product and technical knowledge effectively to resolve problems
- Define team size and hire where appropriate to provide the necessary capacity to meet the team’s business objectives
- Propose changes to the product to better achieve our wider business objectives.
- Occasional travel required
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- 3+ years experience managing a team
- College level education
- Ability to effectively execute multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Comfortable working in an interrupt-driven environment
- Professional communication skills, able to customize message appropriately depending on audience, including customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, able to co-ordinate complex projects involving multiple parties, interrelated issues and demanding timelines
- Available to work normal office hours at the Mobile Heartbeat office in Waltham, MA
- Able to work flexible hours including late nights and early mornings when required. Customer activities often occur in the middle of the night.
- Computer Science, IT or software engineering background or experience
- Strong understanding of the basics of networking
- Familiarity with Enterprise IT systems involving concepts such as horizontal scaling, high availability and disaster recovery
- Familiarity with cloud hosted solutions, particularly Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with ongoing developments in IT & the latest technologies
- Familiarity with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and experience deploying complex software in enterprise environments
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and SQL query language
- Understanding of WiFi for mobility, including protocols such as 802.11r, 802.11, 802.11v and iOS Fastlane
- Familiarity with other technologies and protocols used by MH, including but not limited to VoIP (Cisco UCM, Avaya, Asterisk, SIP, RTP), XMPP, HL7 (ADT, Labs), WCTP, TAP, SNPP
- Familiarity with tools and products used by MH, including but not limited to Atlassian JIRA and Confluence, Microsoft Windows Server, iPhone, Android
- Ability to code is not required
Last Edited: 01/16/2019